Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Have A Very Elegant Christmas

By 9:29 AM

When I think of Christmas....a few things comes to mind... family,gifts and of course entertaining! Christmas is a time for good times with good company.....I  have so many memories of when I was a child, my whole family would come over eat dinner , play games and just have plan fun! Well now that I am older I find my self doing the same things my mother did .....making menus and shopping list weeks before , making countless trips to the store and covering every room of my home with Christmas decor. This year I am trading in the big party for something more intimate. This year my husband and I are having a " Elegant Christmas" and here's how.....

Every table needs a centerpiece ... We'll in this case three! When creating a centerpiece I have two pieces of advice think about it and reuse items that you already have . My husband tells me that I buy so much stuff and only use it once..so for this piece I looked in my closet and pulled out these beauties! 


I used trifle bowls to hold red and silver ornaments and at the center of it all a perfect silver and red tree! 
Ice water .....I love using different shaped ice molds.....and as an added touch I added pomegranate seeds to the water before freezing!


Mmmmm.....martini ...for a festive holiday cocktail make Pomtinis!!!!!! 
2 oz citrus vodka
1/2 ozfresh lemon juice
1/4 ozfresh pomegranate juice
1 oz simple syrup


Shake all ingredients well with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Add a dash of rose water if available. Garnish with flamed orange peel, and serve. 
Mmmmm...Delish!!!!

Set your table.....normally for Christmas we do a big buffet ...but this year we decided to have an elegant sit down dinner. We used a silver charger, with a classic white plate ,red festive napkin and all dressed up with a silver coated snowflake.



No matter the plans whether they are big or small...we wish you a very Elegant Christmas!!!!
        #living2plan


You Might Also Like

0 comments